Sunday, October 7, 2012

Learning About Polite Play

Penny is STARTING to learn she needs to play more gently and more politely. She's not there yet, but getting better.

She absolutely ADORES meeting people. She went with me on a walk on my street late this afternoon. All 16 lbs of her tried to drag me to meet every person that was within her eyesight. She met and played briefly with a 5 and 6 year old little boy. She still is a little to mouthy with those sharp little puppy teeth.

She met some teenage boys and all kinds of adults. When she seems someone, she gets the cutest happy face. She starts bounding over to meet them trying to pull me with her leash. I'm trying to work on her not pulling. We have not made much progress there though.

Penny has started playing with one of my adult female Greyhounds, Cori. Cori has decided now that Penny is learning a TINY bit of manners that she's not so bad to play with after all. Today, I actually was able to video a little bit of their play session. It's very cute to see this little squirt playing with a large dog. They both were clearly having a blast!

2 comments:

jeanna said...

Penny plays so cute with her. I love how she puts her whole mouth over Penny's head. This is a very cute video.

Team Zero Gravity said...

LOL-it is so cute when Cori put her mouth around Penny's head just helping her understand to play nice :)